B.S. in Technology Teacher Education →
Admission to Teacher Education
All participants must apply and be admitted to Mississippi State University. In addition, before beginning the Technology Teacher Education Professional Courses, participants must meet the requirements to be admitted to the Teacher Education Program, including:
- A minimum 2.50 overall GPA.
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 for 44 hours of core curriculum coursework, including the 36-hour General Education Curriculum that is required for all majors.
- Make a "C" or better in the following courses:
- English Composition--six hours
- Mathematics--three hours
- Submission of two letters of recommendation from an educator.
- Submission of Verification of 40 hours of work experience with children form.
- Required test scores.
- ACT composite score of 21 or higher and all sub-scores 18 or higher
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators Test scores of at least 156 for reading, 162 for writing, and 150 for mathematics.
- Visit ets.org to learn more about Praxis test dates, sites, and practice materials.
- Visit ats.msstate.edu/pdf/Core_faqs.pdf for FAQs about the CORE exam and how to register to take the CORE exam at MSU Assessment and Testing Services.
- Visit ets.org/praxis/about/fees/fee_waivers/ to review requirements for fee waivers.
- Obtain certified background check through https://www.castlebranch.com (MSU’s code is MI43)
Ordering Instructions: http://www.educ.msstate.edu/files/BackgroundCheck.pdf
- Work with your advisor to sign the Dispositions Instrument.
- Provide documentation of the purchase of professional liability insurance. See advisor for information on purchasing through professional associations.