B.S. in Business Technology Education
The Business Technology Education (BTE) degree with a concentration in Business Technology prepares graduates to teach business and technology at the middle and high school. Graduates complete the program with a variety of teaching licenses and supplemental endorsements. They also acquire a national certification in computer literacy as well as a certification to teach online. With excellent teaching and business skills, BTE graduates are prepared to teach and to pursue positions in business and training.
Curricular areas in which BTE graduates are prepared to teach include:
- At the middle school...
- Information and Communication Technology I (981*)
- Information and Communication Technology II (982*)
- At the high school...
- Business Education (405*)
- Economics (193*)
- Business Technology (411*)
- Technology Foundations (984*)
- At the high school and career and technology centers...
- Accounting and Finance (952*)
- Management (955*)
- Marketing and Economics (956* and 193*)
- Career Pathway Experiences (917*)
*Denotes Mississippi teaching license number
Additional teaching endorsements or a business administration minor can be easily added to the BTE degree, further qualifying the BTE graduates for additional employment opportunities. These add-ons include:
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) endorsement to teach 9th grade STEM course can be added by taking one additional course.
- A social studies endorsement can be added with the appropriate 21 hours of coursework.
- A minor in business administration can be earned by taking one additional course.
The Business Technology Education degree is also offered as an online degree through the Center for Distance Education.
Each student is responsible for knowing and completing all requirements established for his or her degree by the University, college, and department. A student′s advisor does not assume that responsibility. Any substitution, waiver, or exemption from any established departmental or college requirement or academic standard is accomplished only with the approval of the student′s academic college dean. Exceptions to University requirements are authorized only with the approval of the College of Education Dean and the Provost